Monday, September 24, 2007

Moon LIght

Have you looked up at the moon lately?

Last night at sunset I went for a walk in the wide soccer field behind my house. The setting sun was filling the western sky with pink and gold, while in the east a partially full moon was rising, slung low in a grey sky with a luminous haze circling it.

It felt very healing to look at the moon, and I wondered why I don't get outside more often in the evening to watch it.

It felt good to know that letting the moon light touch me, its rays on me, could actually influence the state of harmony with my inner feminine essence.

Watch the moon ladies and gents. It's going into full bloom this week on Wednesday. It does not promote panic or madness, that's an old anti-womanist scare tactic from the Inquisition days.

What it promotes is beauty, self-awareness, and getting in touch with your natural energies. Women may have participated in orgiastic rites at the full moon that caused the Church to worry about people switching to paganism (it looked like too much fun probably)!

Let's find our selves in our cycles and keep in touch with the moon. She, he, it....does it matter if it's a lady in the moon or not? The moon's cycle is aligned with women's cycles, and it doesn't hurt to let a little moon light shine on you.

Enjoy!
musemother

No comments: