Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mother of Heaven


You are more lovely
than the sun and moon
shining in the sky together.

MOTHER of heaven,
Your wonders are sung
by those above and those below.

From Thunder, Perfect Mind (Gnostic gospels)

Do not be ignorant of me. Be on your guard!
For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one
I am the wife and the virgin
I am the mother and the daughter
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
And many are her sons.
I am she whose wedding is great
And I have not taken a husband.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labour pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom.
And it is my husband who begot me
I am the mother of my father.


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.